6 January 2022
Job Description: Workshop Assistant
Location: Elephant and Castle, London, UK
Salary: £12-15 per hour dependent on experience
Term: Full Time
Deadline to apply: noon 21 Jan
Almost Everything is a multidisciplinary workshop, designing and making technical props, models, sets and special effects for within the advertising industry.
The service we provide is problem solving; the products we make are physical objects. We interpret a brief and design and manufacture an appropriate solution tailored to our clients budget and deadline. Our level of service varies from dry hire of equipment, to the full design, manufacture, and running of a project on set.
As a small company we pride ourselves on a consistent and personable level of service for our loyal client base, from smaller jobs to large productions.
About the role:
The selected candidate will work closely with and support the needs of the construction team.
Every job is different and requires different skills, so we’re looking for someone who is able to learn quickly and understand the importance of taught methods and processes. This is a hands on, physical role which will require you to be making on the workshop floor.
Workshop hours are typically 9am – 6pm, although there may be times when you will be asked to provide additional hours to meet a project milestone or deadline. Suitable notice will of course be given and additional hours are paid or given as time in lieu.
- Making / assembling / finishing as directed
- Maintenance of workshop / facilities / tools and equipment
- Ordering and sourcing of materials and equipment
Qualifications and Experience:
- BA degree which included the creation of physical objects
- Experience in the making of a product
- Professional level of the English Language, written and spoken
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Punctuality, efficiency, ability to multi-task and prioritise are essential
- Tidy and respectful of equipment
- Basic skills in wood work including the use of hand tools, power tools and machinery
- Experience of workshop environments
- Basic level of CAD
An enquiring mind, enthusiastic about how things are made, and desire to make well finished objects. Some projects may require multiple parts to be made which may take a number of consecutive days; the ability to maintain focus and attention to detail is essential.
Direct experience in a dynamic and engaging industry
A great sense of achievement, working on projects from concept to completion. Open and collaborative environment
Small and friendly team
Please submit a cover letter, C.V. and 3 pictures of something you have made or links to an online portfolio to
firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Workshop Assistant 2022” by 21st Jan